STARS Transit Advisory Committee
STARS Transit Advisory Committee (TAC) serve as advisors to improve and expand the Saginaw Metropolitan public transit system, STARS transportation services and programs. STARS TAC is dedicated to providing judgement free forums to discuss public transportation issues, projects and resolutions. STARS TAC shall present information from forums to STARS Board of Directors and General Manager to ensure appropriate mobility, public transportation policies and available resources.
- Make recommendations to the STARS Board of Directors and General Manager regarding public transportation policies and programs.
- Make recommendations to the STARS Board of Directors and General Manager regarding necessary changes to existing transportation rules and laws.
- Respond to issues presented by participating member communities, partners and the public through collaboration with STARS General Manager.
- Promote regional and statewide advocacy for alternative transportation models and demand management strategies.
- Support and endorse local community and regional solutions.
- Distribute information and hold forums to solicit public input.
- To approve STARS annual Vehicle Accessibility Plans.
STARS TAC hold quarterly meetings
- Next meeting ~ Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 10:00 a.m. STARS Boardroom