Saginaw Transit Authority Regional Services (STARS) and the Michigan Transportation Connection (MTC) have partnered to offer free personal vaccine trips for anyone in Saginaw County. Call 1-844-532-7433 and then press 2 to schedule your free vaccine trip. Rides can be scheduled from 8AM and 5PM and should be scheduled in advance.
STARS has increased COVID passenger capacity on all services to match the number of seats on the bus. Ex: a bus with 22 seats has a capacity of 22 riders, either sitting or standing. STARS still requires that all passengers wear masks on vehicles at all times, even if vaccinated.
LIFT hours are Monday-Friday are 5am to 7pm serving only senior and disabled riders.
STARS Bus Route hours are Monday-Friday from 6AM to 7PM.
These service changes are necessary due to decreased staffing levels related to COVID quarantine and spread. They are in effect until further notice.
STARS reminds Saginaw residents that bus route and LIFT services are available to help transport Saginaw residents to all major vaccine distribution sites. All STARS bus services remain fare-free.
All the safety precautions and policies implemented during the past year are still in place:
- Riders are required to wear a mask appropriately upon entry to each vehicle. Masks and hand sanitizer are provided.
- Staff is required to wear a mask properly while in STARS vehicles
- Enhanced cleaning procedures are in place for vehicles and inside the STARS facility. For LIFT rides, high touch surfaces are cleaned after every ride
- Each staff member is provided a PPE pack, which includes masks, gloves, sanitizer and wipes
- Each large bus is equipped with a UV light sanitizing system in the ventilation system completely cycling through the air on the bus every 5 minutes
- Rides are free of charge to avoid exchanging money. A touch-free payment method is in development.