Effective this morning, Wednesday, March 18th, STARS is asking riders to enter fixed route buses through the rear door. Riders are required to use hand sanitizing dispensers located near the door upon entry. Those requiring the wheelchair lift will still be loaded as usual and they will be asked to use hand sanitizer as well.
Also effective at noon, the STARS Transfer Plaza is closed to the public, including restrooms. Riders should plan accordingly and should dress warm to wait between transfers. These policies are based on concerns of spreading Coronavirus and acknowledge social distancing recommendations.
STARS encourages riders and community members to check out our website for the latest information about services: https://saginaw-stars.com/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/
“This is a work in progress. As we learn more about how to control Coronavirus, we are implementing procedures to protect our staff and riders. We need the full cooperation of the community to get through this crisis,” says Glenn Steffens STARS Executive Director.
These actions are being taken in addition to the previously announced strategies to protect the safety of staff and riders.
- STARS asks that riders ONLY use services for essential travel such as healthcare and work.
- Fare collection has been suspended on all fixed routes, LIFT and EXPRESS services.
- Passengers must sit apart from other passengers and should avoid sitting next to each other unless travelling together. If space gets low on a bus, STARS will send a second bus to accommodate that route.
- Route 6 services continue to be closed. Riders should use Route 9 instead.
- STARS EXPRESS and LIFT Services will service ONLY Senior Citizens, ADA Gold Card Holders, and Medically Necessary Appointments (like Dialysis).
- STARS EXPRESS and LIFT Services will be limited to the following hours:
- M-F 5:55am until 8:55pm
- Saturdays 7:55am until 1:55pm
- Administrative offices are closed and any non-essential personnel are working from home.